It’s a tremendous honor to be running for United States Congress from our beautiful and diverse district and it is a particular honor to present my candidacy in this publication.
An Adirondack Journal exclusive report
Evelyn Wood chastises the town councilmen for clandestine decision making and inaction on a DEC directives, citing that they may be putting town finances at risk.
We are at a critical time in our state and in our nation.
Which issues would you like to see Congress and your federal representative address during the next legislative term?
ON THE STREET
Congressional candidate Elise Stefanik met with the Adirondack Park Local Government Review Board on July 30 to discuss issues facing residents within the Blue Line.
As the first woman and youngest person elected to the Clinton County Legislature, I served ten years, including two years as Chairperson.
Announcement ensures a united GOP in run-up to November’s general election
Ending months of speculation, Matt Doheny has endorsed Republican candidate Elise Stefanik in the race for New York's 21st District.
In a swing through the region, Matt Funiciello connected with voters and discussed the three issues underpinning his campaign
GOP candidate for Attorney General visits Lake Placid to discuss issues facing the North Country, including guns, drugs and the Clean Water Act
At the June 19 town board meeting a correspondence was received by the board from councilman Robert Lee. The letter, read by Supervisor Steve McNally, was a request for the board to accept Lee’s resignation as councilman effective immediately.
Elise Stefanik has defeated Matt Doheny by a wide margin, concluding a contentious Republican primary race for the 21st Congressional District seat.
As the fight over the fate of Frontier Town enters the courtroom, local residents rally in support of what they say is their town's last chance.
With a week to go before registered Republicans head the polls on Tuesday, June 24, Essex County election workers are hard at work
Essex County will continue its occupancy tax for at least three more years. But towns want a bigger cut.
Essex County Sheriff Richard Cutting formally announced his candidacy for re-election June 3 at a press conference at the Government Center in Elizabethtown
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board