The petition challenge against Luke Hudak, the Democratic challenger attempting to unseat Essex County Clerk Joseph Provoncha, has entered the courtroom.
A Pottersville resident whose family has a long tenure in public service announces her candidacy for the Chester Town Clerk post.
Essex County voters will hit the polls this fall to sound off on their local officials, everyone from council members to supervisors.
Political controversy and petition challenges abound this month as candidates for local public offices jockey for their positions on the ballot in September and November.
Lake Placid resident Luke Hudak has filed petitions to run against Essex County Clerk Joseph Provoncha, who is up for re-election this year.
A retired Army colonel has announced he will seek the Democratic nomination to challenge U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik in the 2016 election for the 21st Congressional District seat.
One of four candidates seeking Fourth District judgeship
The Former District Attorney of Essex County has put her hat back into the political ring, announcing a run for state Supreme Court.
Essex County Republicans are fired up and ready to go as election season sees liftoff.
Essex County Chairman William Ferebee said while he would follow the path laid by his predecessor, he will not be afraid to chart a new path forward if necessary.
If passed, Stefanik's Common Sense Waiver Act will allow municipalities to slash some of the red tape surrounding the demolition of unsafe buildings.
Essex County lawmakers have selected Bill Ferebee to lead the board of supervisors and Randy Preston as his deputy. Both will be sworn in next week.
Essex County Board Chairman Randy Douglas’ resignation at the end of the week will lead to a shakeup in the board’s leadership, the first in nearly four years.
The Fort George Alliance will honor the collective grave of four unknown American colonist soldiers discovered in 1931 with a wreath laying ceremony on Memorial Day, May 25.
Supporters gathered at a Lake Placid fundraiser last week to rally for incumbent Essex County Judge Richard Meyer, a Republican who is running for re-election against Lake Placid-based attorney Brian Barrett.
Assemblyman Dan Stec attended a NYSHTA-sponsored legislative roundtable breakfast at the Queensbury Hotel last Friday, May 8, to provide an update on tourism-related legislation at the capitol.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- Lewis on Fred Dicker
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board