The public may get the opportunity to vote on whether the controversial sale of the county-owned Westmount nursing home should proceed without a formal bid process or auction.
The legendary family-owned Jacobs & Toney market — a landmark in Warrensburg — will not change its basic nature under the ownership of a new generation, but it is adding contemporary conveniences and new services.
Jack Toney, for 50 years proprietor of Meat Store of the North in Warrensburg, has worked long hours at the market serving up custom cuts of meat as well as witty barbs, advice, and friendly greetings. The store has provided jobs for 100 or more local residents, and has launched the careers of many successful individuals.
Now celebrating its 100th anniversary, the Jacobs and Toney market in Warrensburg has not only survived a century, but it's flourished — providing fresh foods, quality meats and produce, as well as being a gathering place for people to socialize.
Essex and Hamilton County officials say the process to divvy out $100,000 as part of a new grant program to boost small businesses has been going swimmingly.
Leaders in business, industry and education in the Glens Falls-southern Adirondacks region offer their thoughts on the state of the economy and what it takes to be successful.
The 2015 edition of the Brant Lake Winter Carnival features the coronation of a king and queen as well as a frying pan tossing contest, an outhouse race, a display of vintage snowmobiles, a broomball tournament, a snowshoeing race and other activities.
Tammy Whitty-Brown grew up in Schroon Lake and admitted to being homesick ever since. Now, she will head up the Schroon Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, being named as Executive Director last week.
North Country officials say they're optimistic about the region's prospects for landing $500 million in a new competition proposed by Gov. Cuomo.
The Honeybee Community Fund continues to seek applications for its annual funding cycle.
Northern Warren County may be hosting more tourists from New York City and elsewhere downstate if a proposed extension of the county railway to Rensselaer is determined to be feasible — and accomplished as envisioned.
Area community leaders hear about the proposals in Gov. Cuomo's Opportunity Agenda from Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul in her recent visit to Glens Falls — and Hochul along with many of Cuomo's initiatives receive a warm welcome.
Regional economic trends will be examined and foretold at a Jan. 30 breakfast sponsored by EDC Warren County.
Adirondack Foundation, in partnership with the Cloudsplitter Foundation, Chapel Hill Foundation, AdkAction, the Grabe Family Foundation, and the McLanahan Family Fund, is now offering grants to daycare providers in the northern Adirondack region.
Slic Network Solutions, a locally-owned provider of High-Speed Internet, Phone, and Television services, is expanding into Long Lake.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board