What's absolutely gorgeous, is fussed over and primped like a beauty queen but can dead-lift 50 tons? The answer is tow trucks at the Empire State Towing & Recovery Association's 'Beauty Contest' in Lake George.
The 134-year evolution of the Lake George Mirror from a tourist-related publication to a newspaper that now carries community and social news, political developments and examines environmental issues — is portrayed in an exhibit at the Lake George Historical Museum.
The Depot Museum is seeking volunteer docents to welcome and inform museum visitors regarding the local stories of Theodore Roosevelt, the historic ski center, and the Hudnut Train diorama.
Taking advantage of the international drawing power of the annual Americade touring motorcycle rally in Lake George, the Warrensburg Bike Rally has doubled in size this year.
Artisans and Crafters are needed for the 17th Country Christmas Tour.
Congressman Bill Owens announced the availability of federal economic injury disaster loans on Thursday, May 22.
A noted homebuilder who passed away May 23 is recalled for his integrity and commitment to helping others in need.
On Monday, May 12, the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to reject Moore’s bid and kick the property, which is located at the intersection of Blue Ridge Road and Route 9, over to the town of North Hudson for $60,000.
With small agriculture and local produce markets flourishing throughout the North Country, Adirondack Harvest has announced the location of region farmer’s markets for the 2014 season.
The opening of the largest retail store in northern Warren County draws hundreds of area residents, and public officials as well as shoppers said they were impressed.
The largest retail store in the southern Adirondacks — the long awaited price Chopper Supermarket off Northway Exit 23 — opens Sunday May 18.
Thousands of people waited decades for it to happen, but Northern Warren County will now be getting its own full-size supermarket this week as Price Chopper executives and local officials open their newest grocery store Sunday May 18 just south of Warrensburg near Northway Exit 23.
Communication with Iowa Pacific leaves a lot to be desired
Iowa Pacific Rail, the parent company to the Saratoga & North Creek Railway, has agreed to sell an 80 percent interest to Chai Trust Co. LLC and EGI Fund Investors.
Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company was recently recognized as a 5-Star Superior bank by BauerFinancial, Inc., the nation’s leading bank rating and research firm. Glens Falls National has earned this designation for the past 28 consecutive quarters.
Westlake Development LLC, a development company from East Syracuse, is in contract with The Holiday Organization, Inc., of Long Island for the purchase of a 5.5-acre piece of land in the hamlet of North Creek, across from the train depot.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board